As the first marina in South East Asia to be accredited as a ‘Fish Friendly Marina’, ONE°15 Marina Sentosa Cove, Singapore is committed to minimising its impact to the environment by actively engaging in exemplary environmental practices. The Club’s Environmental Policy serves as a guideline for creating an eco-friendly and sustainable marina club, as well as an enjoyable and safe environment for our boaters.
In line with our shared values to care for the environment, we shall take a proactive approach that includes initiatives such as:
- Comply with all applicable environmental laws, regulations and other relevant requirements
- Maintaining the classifications by the International Marina Industry Association (MIA) as ‘Level 4 Clean Marinas’ and ‘Fish Friendly Marinas’
- Minimise the use of water in all of our activities. For example; using a nozzle on hoses is mandatory at the marina
- Minimise the creation of waste by reducing, re-using and recycling materials and waste
- Where possible, we will use emails and our website rather than printed materials to communicate and promote our activities.
- Recycle as much waste as possible by providing adequate clearly labelled bins and increasing our waste and recycling bins and/or collections around the Club.
- Provide and encourage suitable containers for the disposal of hazardous waste streams.
- Endeavour to take a sustainable approach to running events.
- Promote relevant local environmental information to our members such as the location of voluntary no-anchor zones, sensitive habitats/species.
- Actively educate boaters on environmental practices and promote sustainability amongst our members and visitors on our website and club notice boards.
- Endeavour to take our suppliers’ environmental credentials into account when procuring new products. By doing so we wish to encourage other organisations to integrate sustainability into their operations.
- Organise marina cleaning events regularly to remove waste from the water.
- Ensure all boaters complies with the marina’s Code of Ethics.
- A fine will be imposed on the user for any act causing water pollution or harm to the environment. The fine will go towards funding the club’s eco-initiatives.
ONE°15 Marina Sentosa Cove, Singapore has received the following eco accreditations:
- Certificate of Registration, Environmental Management System – ISO 14001:2015
ONE°15 is the first marina this region to achieve this Prestigious Internationally recognized certification for Environmental Management. ISO 14001 is part of the ISO 14000 environmental management standards that exist to ensure products and services have the lowest possible environmental impact.
- Certificate of Registration, Quality Management System – ISO 9001:2015
ONE°15 achieved this prestigious internationally recognised certification for our service excellence.
- WWF, Earth Hour Certificate of Appreciation (2009)
A certificate of appreciation for ONEo15 Marina Club’s participation in Earth Hour Singapore 2009.
- Green Maritime Company of the Year at the Asia Boating Awards 2015
At the Asia Boating Awards 2015, ONE°15 Marina Sentosa Cove was named Green Maritime Company of the Year, an award which recognises the leisure marina businesses in Asia that have contributed to the protection of the environment. This is a testament to the Club’s continual efforts to protect the environment and marine life, which include Project Perna, an eco-initiative of installing strings of mussels under our marina’s pontoon, as well as our annual club-wide participation in Earth Hour.
- South East Asia’s first ‘Fish Friendly Marina’, Marina Industries Association (MIA) 2016
ONE°15 Marina Sentosa Cove, Singapore, received its accreditation as a “Fish Friendly Marina” by the Marina Industries Association (MIA). It is the first Level 4 Clean Marina ISO 140001 marina to achieve this recognition in South East Asia. The presentation to the ONE°15 Marina’s executive and senior management team took place during the Singapore Yacht Show hosted by the Marina.
- Luxury Eco-friendly Hotel of the Year 2017, Luxury Travel Awards
The Luxury Travel Guide Global Awards represent the pinnacle of hospitality achievement, championing the best in their respective fields. The accreditation of this award has recognised ONE°15 Marina Sentosa Cove, Singapore’s effort in striving to be not only the best Club for its members but also a luxury hotel for travellers from all over the world. The Club’s Environmental Policy strives to operate an Eco-friendly club and hotel while maintaining the continuous growth of their business through several approaches as a whole.